top of page

Fire coming from a dryer vent inside a Roswell apartment- 10 apartments damaged!

Updated: Jul 31, 2023

Routine inspection and cleaning service can prevent these fires.

For more information on fire safety, visit Dryer Vent Cleaning page.

dryer vent fire

The Roswell Fire Department responded to 410 Rosemont Parkway (Rosemont Apartments) after a resident reported smoke and fire coming from a dryer inside their apartment.


In a shocking incident that took place in a Roswell apartment complex, a fire erupted from a dryer vent, causing extensive damage to not just one but ten apartments! The dryer vent fire quickly escalated, spreading flames and smoke throughout the building, putting the residents' safety at serious risk. Firefighters responded promptly to the emergency, battling the blaze and working tirelessly to prevent it from spreading further. Thankfully, all residents were successfully evacuated, and there were no reported injuries. However, the extent of the damage to the ten affected apartments is substantial, leaving many families displaced and facing the daunting task of rebuilding their lives. The incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of regular dryer vent maintenance to avoid potential fire hazards. Dryer vents should be cleaned and inspected periodically to remove lint and debris buildup, reducing the risk of ignition and ensuring the safe operation of these common household appliances. This unfortunate event should prompt us all to take necessary precautions and prioritize dryer vent maintenance to protect our homes and loved ones from such preventable disasters.


Roswell Fire Department crews arrived on the scene in under five minutes to find smoke and fire conditions from the roofline of the 10-unit apartment building. Firefighters performed a coordinated primary search for possible occupants while additional crews performed an aggressive interior attack to control the fire. Firefighters rescued one dog, one cat, and one bearded dragon from the building. Firefighters continued to perform salvage, overhaul, and investigative activities for several hours.

No injuries were reported. Four of the units and the attic area sustained significant damage. Damage estimates are not available at the time of this release. It is estimated that 22 residents have been displaced as a result of the fire.

For more information on fire safety, visit Dryer Vent Cleaning page.

SafeAir Services is the top company in Alpharetta 30022 to provide dryer vent cleaning and inspection. We have top-quality work at the best price today.

17 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page